Why we love this trip
This trip is special for us. Very special. The Great Himalaya’s have always inspired us. When Joey Tribbiani from Friends looked at the Thanksgiving’s Turkey and said “You are my Everest”, we knew we had to conquer the Everest or at least do the Everest base camp once in our life.
This is just not a trek, its way more than that. Its once in a life time experience. Just this one trek will suffice to tick the many boxes off your Bucket List. Here we have stated some of the mandatory reasons to participate in this trek:
- Visit the country with 8 of 10 world’s highest mountains.
- Trek to Everest Base Camp, from where mountaineering climb to the world’s highest peak begins.
- Explore UNESCO World Heritage sites in Nepal.
- Follow the footsteps of renowned climbers; Tenzing Norgay Sherpa, Sir Edmund Hillary.
- See the beautiful Rhododendrons, the national flower of Nepal.
- Bungee Jump 160 meters (500 ft.) over the Bhotekoshi River.
- Experience whitewater river rafting in Trishuli River, Grade 3.
- Take in the sights of Kathmandu including the Hindu shrine of Pashupatinath and the giant Buddhist stupa at Boudhanath.
- Experience snowfall.
- View the mighty Himalaya Mountain range on the flight to Lukla.
- Visit Khumjumg monastery and see the only Yeti skull in the world!
- Explore timeless Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal.
- Experience the bag packing culture of Nepal.
- Conquer high passes and glaciers.
- Be a part of Himalayan eco-tourism culture.
- Have Tea at the Guinness Book of World Record holder Hotel Everest View, one of the highest placed hotels in the world.
- Visit ancient Monasteries in Heart of Khumbu region- Spiritual & Meditation center and experience the rich spiritual and traditional culture of Nepal.
- Help Nepal get back on its feet by returning to the country, and discover how Kathmandu still remains a legendary destination while the post-earthquake rebuilding continues.
- Cross the crystal clear thundering Dudhkoshi River over Swiss hanging swing bridges.
- Get the cultural insights of Sherpa Homeland-Namche Bazaar and their tradition and lifestyle.
- Experience the Buddhist way of life and gain knowledge from their ancient scripts, scrolls, Chhortens and Mani walls.
- Hike through alpine flora and fauna in the Sagarmatha National Park.
- Climb Kala Pattar (5545m) for unrivaled views of Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse Amadablam, Thamserku, Tawache and surrounding peaks.
- Get to know bustling Kathmandu and reveal views of Mount Everest from the sky.
Many stories have been written and tales have been told about this most majestic of mountains. Now it’s time for you to write your own story by embarking on your own adventure to the Base of the World’s highest mountain on your own two feet!! Every day the scenery changes as you climb higher and higher; in the beginning, you will cross over bridges with fast flowing glacial water beneath you and by the end, you will be walking alongside these same glaciers, now frozen and solid! Your view will change from lush forests around Lukla and Phakding all the way to an ethereal moonscape by the time we reach Dingboche and Lobuche. The Himalaya’s are some of the best that nature can offer us and you’ll get to spend 12 days hiking in its glory.